Soccer-Morocco bids to host 2026 World Cup
According to Reuters news agency, the offer to host the expanded 48-team tournament will compete with a joint bid from the United States, Mexico and Canada.
The North African nation narrowly lost out to South Africa in its offer to stage the 2010 finals.
“The Royal Moroccan Football Federation has officially submitted its candidacy on Friday, August 11, 2017 to organize the World Cup in 2026,” the statement on the federation's website said.
“The Federation submitted its application to the relevant committees of the Federation Internationale de Football Association - FIFA - to host this global event.”
The Confederation of African Football has said it will support the bid. Morocco will be viewed as outsiders to be chosen to host the event. The joint bid by the United States, Canada and Mexico was announced in April. FIFA is due to make a decision in 2020.-Online
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021