No political alliance with Zardari-led PPP, clarifies Imran Khan
In a brief interaction with newsmen outside the anti-terrorism court on Monday, the legislator clarified there should be no misunderstanding that an alliance could be forged between PTI and PPP till the presence of Asif Ali Zardari as leader of the party.
'If my struggle was to get power, I could have made alliances with Nawaz and PPP, how can I be with Zardari when my fight is against corruption,' declared the politician.
The legislator maintained that the open firing by the police in Model Town Lahore on the workers of Pakistan Awami Tehreek was not justified constitutionally.
The cricketer-turned-politician continued that there was no precedent of such incidents as Model Town killings in democracy.
'The protesters were innocent, they (PML-N government) killed 14 innocent people through police' he observed.
The PTI supremo expressed that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government was trying to give the impression that if they were thieves so was everyone else.
The politician claimed that the cases filed against him in Election Commission of Pakistan, Supreme Court and in ATCs were a bid to silence him.
As ATC Judge Shahrukh Arjumand resumed the hearing, Khan’s counsel Babar Awan presented arguments regarding the plea in which he had asked the court to remove the terrorism clauses.
The court is hearing four cases against PTI chief regarding destroying property, attacking the building of PTV and Parliament, and injuring SSP Azmat Junejo during the 2014 sit-ins staged by PTI and PAT.
Imran's counsel said that it was everyone’s democratic right to protest for the rights adding that using sticks during the protest did not come under terrorism.
On the other hand, the prosecution argued that there was evidence that Imran Khan had incited his workers during the sit-ins.
After hearing the arguments, the court reserved the verdict and then announced the decision in favour of the prosecution.
The court adjourned the case till December 19 and also summoned Imran Khan on next hearing.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021