Federal cabinet approves Rs10b package for public relief
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Cabinet has given approval to a subsidy of two billion rupees per month for a period of five months to Utility Stores Corporation for provision of edible items of daily use to the people at affordable rates.
A meeting of the federal cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan, was held in Islamabad, the Radio Pakistan reported on Tuesday.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan giving a briefing to media in Islamabad today said this package will help ensure availability of flour, sugar, rice and pulses among other edible items at USC outlets at reasonable rates. The USC has been further directed that 20 kg flour bag be sold at 800 rupees while pulses at 15-20 percent less prices than market.
She said the government will also devise a strategy to keep a check on prices of essential edible items.
She said government's economic team, ministry of commerce and other institutions including Utility Stores Corporation gave a detailed briefing to PM Imran.
The Cabinet gave approval to lift ban on import of sugar to ensure supply of this commodity. She said export of sugar has been banned and a strategy is being devised to remove regulatory duty on this commodity.
She said 4.3 million women are being given two thousand rupees monthly under Ehsaas program. The number will reach by seventy million by end of this year, benefitting 46.9 people will benefit.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019