Selfie Stick saves US family of three from drowning
Derrick Johns, his wife and daughter Erynn, 16, of Texas were swimming at Surfside Beach in Nantucket when the current pulled and tossed them.
Erynn was holding a video camera attached to a selfie stick when the current swept the family away.
The father-daughter duo gripped onto the selfie stick and Johns used the photo tool to pull Erynn towards the shore, where a man rushed to help her to safety.
"I inhaled a lot of water at that point and I could not breathe under there," Erynn was quoted as saying by ABC News.
"He was pretty far out still at that point when I got back and people were running in. There were a couple guys that ran in to try to get him out," she said.
Lifeguards and onlookers on the beach then rushed to help her parents.
"I did a few tours overseas with the Marines and I never felt that kind of fatigue or fear. I was semiconscious on the beach and when they put me in the truck they said my oxygen level was really low," Johns said.
- Indian troops martyr three Kashmiri youth in IIOJK10:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 27 May 202208:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022