Facebook censors voices from under-siege Kashmir; blocks account decrying Burhan Wani killing
Twitter user Huma Dar has accused the network of disabling accounts as well as taking down articles and pictures being uploaded from Kashmir. She also shared screenshots of the accounts allegedly suspended by Facebook.
— Huma Dar (@baalegibreel) July 10, 2016
Indian-occupied areas of Jammu and Kashmir witnessed a fresh surge of violence and protests, following the killing of a militant commander Burhan Wani by Indian forces.
At least 23 other Kashmiri youths were also killed by forces during the protests over the weekend.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021