How Microsoft's Calibri font doomed Sharif family in Panama Case
ISLAMABAD - The embattled Sharif family that faced hindrances in substantiating their claims regarding their offshore assets missed a key point regarding the use of 'fonts' in their backdated documents leading to reputational damage.
The six-member Joint Investigation Team that probed offshore assets of Sharif family not only interrogated the wheeling and dealing of the family but also inspected the documents rigorously and found out that the ruling family submitted fake documents.
Panama JIT terms Qatari prince's letter 'myth' 10:25 AM | 11 Jul, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The six-member JIT has termed in its sensational report, the Sharif family’s prime defence – the ...
How the high-powered inquiry panel assumed that the documents were fake is a classic case in itself.
The 'intelligent' members of Joint Investigation Team, after having received the documents from Maryam Nawaz, forwarded the documents to a British forensic handwriting firm which revealed that the font used by the respondent in its documents had not been made available by Microsoft at the time.
Maryam while appearing before the team submitted two certified declarations regarded as 'original copy' about the Nescoll /Neilson and Coomber group, which according to her dated back to 2006.
However, when JIT approached 'The Radley Forensic Document Laboratory' the forensic expert Robert W Radley examined the documents and concluded that the font 'Calibri' in which the document was typed, was not made public by Microsoft before January 2007, though Maryam Nawaz claimed that the copies were original and from the year 2006.
What baffled the six-member inquiry panel was the conclusion of forensic team that the font was not available for commercial users before 2007, but Maryam Nawaz had managed to use the font in documents dating back to 2006.
The font fisaco emphasised the assumptions of JIT members that the documents were forged in a bid to bolster the money trail 'illegally'.
[PDF] Panama case JIT full report to SC - All 9 ... 11:14 PM | 10 Jul, 2017
Full text of the report submitted by Panama Case JIT to Supreme Court today. Download the full 9 volume report here. ...
Soon after the 'font' portion of JIT report went viral, Twitterati took aim at Maryam Nawaz in a hilarious manner.
inn logo ka calibri hi nahi hai iss mulk ko chalanay ka— Ahmer Naqvi (@karachikhatmal) July 10, 2017
I already thought Calibri was the greatest font ever but I never imagined it would achieve legend status— RL (@RizWanKenobi_) July 11, 2017
Friendship ended with Arial, now Calibri is my best friend.— Saad Amjad (@SaadAmjad_) July 11, 2017
Calibri font invented by our daughter Maryam Nawaz in Arfa Kareem tower Lahore: Shahbaz Sharif— Tehseen Bajwa (@TBajwa7) July 10, 2017
I think we're not giving @MaryamNSharif the credit she deserves for inventing the Calibri font.— Umar Ahmed (@TheUmarAhmed) July 10, 2017
- Shaheen Al Jazeera 2019: Navies of Pakistan, Bahrain conclude ...10:36 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Sleep Expo Middle East announces first-ever industry award07:48 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019