Pakistani banks announce Ramadan holiday
KARACHI – The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) will remain closed for public dealings on the first day of Ramadan which shall be observed as a “Bank Holiday” for the deduction of Zakat.
"All banks / DFIs / MFBs shall, therefore, remain closed for public dealing on 1st Ramadan-ul-Mubarak, 1442 A.H.," a statement from the central bank read.
The government, on Sunday set the Nisaab of Zakat at 80,933 rupees for deduction of Zakat.
According to the official notification, the Administrator General Zakat for lunar year 1441-42 Hijri, people maintaining minimum eighty thousand nine hundred thirty-three rupees balance in savings, profit and loss sharing or similar bank accounts on the first day of Ramadan will be liable to pay 2.5 percent Zakat on the total balance.
Zakat is an obligatory charity for all eligible Muslims and is based on the current nisab values. These values can change year to year.
Earlier, Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry said that the Ramadan moon would be sighted country-wide on April 13. Pakistanis will break their first fast on April 14, he predicted in a tweet.
Muslims to observe two Ramadan in the year 2030 02:53 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – Nothing is 100 percent accurate but it is most likely that the clear position of the moon from a given ...
- Popalzai announces Eid; public awaits Ruet-e-Hilal Committee's ...10:12 PM | 12 May, 2021
- US envoy calls on Gen Bajwa, pledges to further enhance bilateral ties09:50 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Kashif Zameer who hosted ‘Ertugrul’ to Pakistan seen beating pet ...09:20 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Darren Sammy prays for Palestine as Israeli attacks continue on Gaza08:19 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Kasim Khan’s alarming status leaves fans worried04:45 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021