Indian forces deny Kashmiris right of Eid prayers, animal sacrifice
SRINAGAR – People in the occupied Kashmir could not offer Eid-ul-Azha prayers and slaughter sacrificial animals on Monday due to continued curfew and communication blackout on the eighth straight day.
The entire occupied territory including Doda and Kishtwar areas of Jammu region is reeling under strict curfew and communication blackout since last Monday when India unilaterally revoked Article 370 of its Constitution.
Eid prayers were allowed in only a few small mosques located in peripheral areas of the Kashmir valley.
As people came out of these mosques, they started shouting anti-India slogans, which prompted the authorities to immediately re-impose curfew.
The valley's political leadership including Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and former puppet ministers Farooq Abdullah, Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti are in house detention or in jails.
J&K crisis: Separatist groups of Manipur, Assam ... 07:40 PM | 12 Aug, 2019
NEW DELHI – Separatist groups of Manipur and Assam have announced to boycott Independence Day celebrations of India ...
Meanwhile, the CPI-M General Secretary, Sitaram Yechury, has said that the people of Kashmir have been kept imprisoned in their own homes and warned the government that the impact of changing Jammu and Kashmir’s status would be felt in other states with the special status.
He said the impact of undemocratically and forcibly altering Jammu and Kashmir’s status will be felt in other states with special status.
- Hamza Malik likely to be the next big thing, impresses yet again with ...12:35 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- I absolutely do not endorse the concepts and viewpoints of Mr Khalil ...03:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019