This Pakistani university finally made it to the top 100 Asian Universities
According to Global Education rankings for 2017, Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad, is ranked at 95 in the list of top Asian universities. QAU is the only Pakistani university that has been included in top 100 educational institutions.
For regional rankings, China, Japan, Korea and Singapore continue to dominate the rankings.
The touchstone for ranking multiple universities included twelve factors: global and regional research reputation, publications, books, conferences, normalized citation impact, total citations, number of publications which are among 10 percent most cited, percentage of total publications that are among the 10 percent most cited, international collaboration, number of highly cited papers that are among the top one percent most cited in their respective field, percentage of total publications that are among the top one percent most highly cited papers.
QAU academics and officials maintained that the varsity had achieved this distinction despite being financially strapped and suffering from a persistent budget deficit in the range of Rs500-600 million rupees for several years. Officials added that its PC-1 and development funding by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and government of Pakistan have also been stalled.
- Aima Baig pens heartfelt note on her father's birthday12:11 AM | 7 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022