Pakistan elected member of IAEA's board of governors for 2 years
"Breaking News"— PTV World (@WorldPTV) September 20, 2018
Pakistan has been elected as a member of the IAEA Board of Governors for the next two years. pic.twitter.com/zKeiPQxzWh
Being elected as a member of the IAEA's board of governors is a major diplomatic achievement for Pakistan. The election represents recognition of the country's status as a responsible nuclear power state.
Out of its 35 members, 11 are elected to the IAEA's board of governors for a term of two years.
The IAEA is an international organisation that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons.
With its headquarters in Vienna, the IAEA reports to both the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council.
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan team practice in Harare ahead of first T2010:18 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021