Pakistan elected member of IAEA's board of governors for 2 years
"Breaking News"— PTV World (@WorldPTV) September 20, 2018
Pakistan has been elected as a member of the IAEA Board of Governors for the next two years. pic.twitter.com/zKeiPQxzWh
Being elected as a member of the IAEA's board of governors is a major diplomatic achievement for Pakistan. The election represents recognition of the country's status as a responsible nuclear power state.
Out of its 35 members, 11 are elected to the IAEA's board of governors for a term of two years.
The IAEA is an international organisation that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons.
With its headquarters in Vienna, the IAEA reports to both the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council.
- Asim Saleem Bajwa resigns as CPEC Authority chairman07:26 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan revises SOPs for international inbound travellers amid spike ...07:02 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- 28 Pakistani prisoners repatriated from Saudi Arabia06:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- 'Cannot spend nights with Ziaullah Bangash!' Kohat woman accuses PTI ...06:17 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat confirms playing Benazir Bhutto in upcoming biopic05:25 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Nora Fatehi stuns fans with alluring dance moves on ‘Disco ...05:04 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan jolts the internet with killer dance moves in saree ...04:09 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021