Lawyers, doctors go on strike after PIC clash
LAHORE - Lawyers and doctors are observing strike in different cities of the Punjab province today (Thursday) after clash at Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC).
According to media reports, doctors are observing strike in the major cities across the country while lawyers are on strike across the province.
Meanwhile, Islamabad High Court Bar Association (IHCBA) and lawyers from Balochistan also announced to join the strike.
Litigants in courts and patients in hospitals are suffering due to strike of lawyers and doctors.
At least 12 people died after lawyers’ protest turned violent at Punjab Institute of Cardiology on Wednesday. Police used tear gas and water cannons to disperse lawyers which were around 200 to 250 in numbers, with some of them having weapons. The lawyers broke the gate and entered into the hospital which is only standard health facility in Punjab for heart patients.
They disrupted operations and heart surgeries at the emergency bloc of PIC, leaving hundreds of patients at risk. The doctors left the wards to save their lives from the protesting lawyers.
Prime Minister Imran Khan and Punjab Chief Usman Buzdar took notice of the lawyers’ protest at the hospital and sought reports from the Punjab Chief Secretary and Punjab Inspector General of Police. The political leaders, traders and the common everyone criticized the lawyers for their act of terror and violence at the hospital.
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan squad for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 announced06:56 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019