Indian soldier kills four senior officers over leave dispute
The accused had recently completed a yoga course, one of the several measures introduced by the country’s military and paramilitary forces to relieve stress in soldiers which experts attribute to long periods of separation from families, posting in hostile areas and tough living working environment.
"Three died on the spot while one injured officer succumbed to his injuries at a hospital," Satya Prakash, Aurangabad police chief, told AFP.
"He shot 32 rounds before he was overpowered by his colleagues and is suspected to be suffering from some mental illness."
Prakash said the dispute appeared to be over leave.
All the victims were unarmed and were off-duty when the incident took place at a thermal power plant where they were stationed.
The CISF guards the country’s most vital civil and government installations including airports, atomic plants and government buildings.
India’s security forces have historically had a high incidence of suicides and killings linked to long hours, poor working conditions and inadequate time off.
- Pakistan’s Department of Explosive officers dismissed for ...06:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Rizwan stars as Pakistan trounce Zimbabwe in first T20I05:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi still under arrest: Sheikh Rasheed05:27 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ali Haider all set to host show for NTV Houston03:50 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Junoon goes Inquilaab! PM Imran uses Bollywood reference to show ...05:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021