Pakistan approves Indian PM Modi's request to fly over its airspace
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has allowed Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s plane to fly over its airspace, it emerged on Wednesday.
According to details, the Indian PM had requested authorities in Pakistan to let his plane fly over its airspace, carrying him to attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit in Kyrgyzstan.
Islamabad formally granted the permission as a goodwill gesture amid tension between the nuclear-armed neighbours that have clashed in recent months.
However, after Pakistan allowed PM Modi's overflight through its air space, the Indian premier decided not to use the option, rather he would fly over via Iran or Oman, claimed editor of The Hindu.
After asking Pakistan for overflight permission, PM decides not to fly over Pakistan, will fly to Bishkek tomorrow via Iran and Oman. MEA says government had "explored two options.— Suhasini Haidar (@suhasinih) June 12, 2019
The SCO summit will be held from June 13-14 and Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan will also attend the regional meeting.
Earlier in May, Pakistan had accepted India’s request to let Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj’s flight use its airspace to attend the Foreign Ministers’ meeting in Bishkek.
Pakistan's airspace remain closed amid tension ... 10:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2019
KARACHI - The airspace of Pakistan remained shut for flight operations in the wake of tension with its Eastern ...
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020