NAB arrests Jang Group CEO Mir Shakilur Rehman in Lahore
LAHORE - NAB has arrested Chief Executive Officer of the Geo/Jang Group Mir Shakilur Rahman in Lahore by the National Accountability Bureau in a case pertaining to the purchase of a 54-Kanal land, the bureau’s spokesperson Nawazish Ali said in a press release here on Thursday.
He was detained by anti-graft watchdog for his alleged involvement in purchasing 54 Kanal Land in Lahore’s Johar Town area during the tenure of Nawaz Sharif as Punjab chief minister in 1986.
Mir Shakil appeared at the NAB Lahore office today for investigation but he could not provide satisfactory answers to NAB officials’ questions, the statement added.
It was the second time when NAB summoned Mir Shakil for questioning in the land scam. He will be produced in an accountability court on tomorrow for his physical remand.
More info to follow...
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021