China planning to test whole population of Wuhan for coronavirus
Beijing: China is preparing a plan to test whole population of Wuhan city, where the novel coronavirus pandemic started, after the region reported six new cases.
The plan, according to international media, is in early stages under which 11 million residents would be tested within 10 days.
For the challenging job, all the districts of Wuhan has been told to submit details as to how testing of the population could be conducted in this short period of time.
These are the first six cases recorded in Wuhan, which remained under lockdown for 11 weeks, since April 3.
The city started resuming normal routine on April 8 as schools re-opened, transport and business activities resumed.
However, re-emergence of cases has posed threat to the normalcy again.
On Monday, China recorded one new case on Monday, bringing tally to 82,919 while death toll stands at 4,633.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020