Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon sighting
PESHAWAR – Police have registered cases against a few clerics in North Waziristan after they announced the fake sighting of the Eid-al-Fitr moon a day ago.
Maulvi Rafiullah of the Haider Khel Mosque and Qari Muhammad Roman of the Miranshah Mosque and seven other suspects, who had made fake testimony about sighting, have been booked in the cases.
The cases have been registered under the Ehtram-e-Ramazan Ordinance, 1981, the control of loudspeakers ordinance, and other provisions, Geo News rported..
On Tuesday, an unregistered body announced that Eid will be observed on Wednesday, even a day before Saudi Arabia is set to celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
Ruet committee to meet today for Shawwal moon ... 10:55 AM | 12 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – A meeting of the central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee will take place today to sight the Shawwal ...
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Police submit challan against Mufti Aziz in student abuse case11:58 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand cricket team’s decision leaves Pakistanis in shock and ...11:42 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021