Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon sighting
PESHAWAR – Police have registered cases against a few clerics in North Waziristan after they announced the fake sighting of the Eid-al-Fitr moon a day ago.
Maulvi Rafiullah of the Haider Khel Mosque and Qari Muhammad Roman of the Miranshah Mosque and seven other suspects, who had made fake testimony about sighting, have been booked in the cases.
The cases have been registered under the Ehtram-e-Ramazan Ordinance, 1981, the control of loudspeakers ordinance, and other provisions, Geo News rported..
On Tuesday, an unregistered body announced that Eid will be observed on Wednesday, even a day before Saudi Arabia is set to celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
Ruet committee to meet today for Shawwal moon ... 10:55 AM | 12 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – A meeting of the central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee will take place today to sight the Shawwal ...
- Pakistan’s re-recorded national anthem is out on diamond jubilee of ...04:54 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Babar Azam to be awarded with Sitar-e-Imtiaz01:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan’s new swimming pool video sets internet on fire11:23 AM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Alizeh Shah looks stunning in latest photos07:15 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022