Hamid Mir's affair with GNN is over, joins Geo again
Welcome back @HamidMirPAK sb...— Shahzeb Khanzada (@shazbkhanzdaGEO) October 12, 2018
Hamid Mir sb joins back Geo News 👌🙌👍. Welcome back home @HamidMirPAK Sb.— Muneeb Farooq (@muneebfaruqpak) October 12, 2018
Earlier, Hamid Mir bid farewell to the Geo/Jang Group after serving in the leading media organisation for almost two decades.
In a picture making rounds over the internet, the host of one of the most popular current affairs show of the country – Geo News’ Capital Talk – can be seen standing in the GNN newsroom in Lahore. Taking to Twitter to share the picture, newscaster Salman Hassan wrote, “Welcome aboard sir jee. Mir sb joined as president of GNN.
WHO IS HAMID MIR?
Born in Lahore on July 23, 1966, Hamid initially worked as a journalist with Pakistani newspapers, and currently, being one of the most popular journalists of the country, hosts the political talk show Capital Talk on Geo News. He writes columns for Urdu as well as English newspapers, both national and international.
Hamid interviewed Osama bin Laden after the September 11 attacks and, during his career, also interviewed several world leaders, including John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair, Colin Powell, Nelson Mandela and Shimon Peres. He has also interviewed celebrities such as Shah Rukh Khan.
The veteran journalist had recently made it to headlines after he admitted before the Supreme Court that Pakistan’s widely proclaimed leading news channel, Geo, was not paying salaries to its staff.
During the hearing of a suo motu case in April regarding the nonpayment of staff salaries by media house owners, Hamid Mir had blew the lid off Geo and confirmed that the media persons associated with the channel had not received their salaries for the month of February and March.
Hamid has also been the target of death threats and at least two assassination attempts.
Hamid is also a recipient of the civil award Hilal-i-Imtiaz for his work and in 2016, was awarded Free Press Award in the “Most Resilient Journalist Award” category. In 2017, he was awarded the lifetime achievement award by Zafarullah Khan Jamali for his work as a news anchor.
Has Hamid Mir quit Geo TV to join upcoming TV ... 05:57 PM | 10 Aug, 2018
LAHORE - Renowned Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir has reportedly joined an upcoming TV channel G News Network (GNN) as ...
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- PTA clears the air on blocking internet services amid political ...07:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022