Panama Papers: Crime prosecutors raid Mossack Fonseca office
A statement issued by the office of Panama Attorney General said that raid was conducted to obtain the documents linked to the information published in the media reports. It further added that authorities may also raid other offices of the law firm to collect evidences to frame legal charges against MF.
Media reports said that raid team consisting around six crime prosecutors raided the offices and examined the documents without any hurdles created by the staff present at the office.
Following the raid Mossack Fonseca once again denied any wrongdoing -as suggested in media reports- saying that it only set up offshore companies for its clients and that it was not aware about the usage of the firms.
In a separate development, the Mossack Fonseca has also approached Panama authorities for an investigation into the cyber attack and breach of company's sensitive data. It demanded the officials to take action over the intellectual theft.
- Sikh pilgrims reach Pakistan for Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary12:02 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Cancel rallies for public's sake, PM urges PDM as second COVID-19 ...11:36 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Jibran Nasir shares how his Whatsapp got hacked09:46 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Exclusive Pics: Bakhtawar is ENGAGED09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Who attended Bakhtawar's engagement at Bilawal House Karachi?07:49 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020