VIDEO: This railway station actually exists for just ONE passenger
The Kami-Shirataki station in Hokkaido, Japan, is visited by a train twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, so that the schoolgirl, Kana, can get to class and home on time.
The teenager catches the service at 7.04am every day and returns promptly at 5.08pm, and she is the only person to use the station.
Three years ago, due to its remote location and ending of freight trains, the Japan Railway (JR) decided to close it down. However, they changed their minds after they discovered a young girl used the station to go to high school every day.
The only two trains that stop at the station now are just for this girl, with a “unique timetable depending on when the girl needs to go to school and back.”
Japan Railway apparently intends to keep the station open until March this year, when she will finally graduate.
Speaking on a video, Kana said: “I got on and off of this train for the past three years and this station's presence has become something I have taken for granted.
“I do feel sad to think that it will disappear. I am now filled with gratitude.”
The touching tale naturally gathered thousands of likes, going viral on Japanese social media. The story was shared several times over, and eventually covered by other media outlets as well.
Lots of people left comments commending the empathy displayed by Japan Railway in supporting the girl’s education.
“Why should I not want to die for a country like this when the government is ready to go an extra mile just for me,” one person commented on CCTV’s post.
“This is the meaning of good governance penetrating right to the grassroot level. Every citizen matters. No child left behind!”
Video courtesy: Mail Online
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021