Afghanistan beat Pakistan by five wickets in U19 World Cup opener
Pakistani Under-19 team won the toss and opted to bat first but could manage to score just 188 runs before they were sent to the pavilion in 48th over.
Rohail Nazir was the only batsman who resisted the Afghan pace attack and bagged 81 runs off 105 balls. Ali Zaryab Asif remained the second highest run-scorer with 30.
On the other hand, Afghanistan’s Azmatullah Omarzai and Qais Ahmad picked up three wickets.
Chasing an eay target, Afghanistan took a fine start and trounced Green Shirt with five wickets in hand in the 48th over.
From Afghan side, Darwish Rasooli delivered a match-winning performance and scored 76 runs. Ikram Ali Khil supported Rasooli with 46 runs.
Pakistan’s Muhammad Musa dismissed three players. Darwish Rasooli was declared Man of the Match for his wonderful batting.
Blind Cricket World Cup 2018: India beat Pakistan ... 06:20 PM | 12 Jan, 2018
SHARJAH - Pakistan lost to traditional rival India in a crucial match of the Blind Cricket World Cup at the Ajman Oval, ...
Earlier, Afghanistan’s skipper Nawin-ul-Haq had said the team was fully prepared for all the tournament games especially the contest with Pakistan.
He said his team had recently beaten Pakistan two times and the pressure was on them.
Pakistan U19 Squad: Muhammad Mohsin Khan, Muhammad Zaid Alam, Rohail Nazir, Mohammad Taha, Ali Zaryab , Saad Khan, Hasan Khan(c), Muhammad Musa, Shaheen Afridi, Munir Riaz, Suleman Shafqat, Ammad Alam, Arshad Iqbal, Imran Shah, Mohammad Ali Khan
Afghanistan U19 Squad: Naveen-ul-Haq(c), Rahmanullah, Mohammad Ibrahim, Darwish Rasooli, Nisar Wahdat, Tariq Stanikzai, Azmatullah, Qais Ahmad, Mujeeb Zadran, Zahir Khan, Yousuf Zazai, Wafadar, Ikram Faizi, Baheer Shah, Waqar Ishaqzai
The 16 teams have been divided into four groups of four teams each.
Alongside India and Australia, Papua New Guinea and Zimbabwe are also part of the Group B while Group A consists of Kenya, New Zealand, South Africa and the West Indies.
All teams in each group will play each other once. The top two from each group will qualify for the quarterfinals. The top four will qualify for the semi-finals.
The final will be played on February 3 at Mount Maunganui.
Saturday (UAE TIME)
Group B: Papua New Guinea v Zimbabwe (1.30am)
Group C: Bangladesh v Namibia (1.30am)
Group A: New Zealand v West Indies (4am)
Group D: Ireland v Sri Lanka (1.30am)
Group A: Kenya v South Africa (1.30am)
Group B: Australia v India (4am)
- PSL 2021: Peshawar Zalmi to lock horns against Quetta Gladiators today10:13 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 June 202109:25 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,194 new cases, 57 deaths08:45 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 12 June 202107:59 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021