Sindh seeks registration of visiting Chinese nationals
Sindh Minister for Law Ziaul Hasan Lanjar on Friday said that the federal government has records of Chinese citizens, who are working under China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), but the provincial government could not access the data.
The decision comes days after Karachi police arrested two Chinese nationals with an ATM skimming machine from Zainab Market in Karachi.
The law minister revealed that Chinese who visit Pakistan by air are registered with the government, but the record of others who reach via sea or land route is not available.
Lanjar called for registration of all Chinese national whether they come by air, land or sea route, adding that the foreigners should be make bound for registration with the respective police station if they want to rent property on run business.
He added that unregistered Chinese national should have to get a NOC from the home department of the province.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: PTI-led Punjab govt proposes 10% increase in ...05:34 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021