ISLAMABAD – The Pakistani government says it is monitoring the current developments and clarifications provided by Facebook Inc. amid the news on all media platforms regarding change in privacy terms and conditions of WhatsApp.
It is brought to notice that subject changes in privacy are applicable on WhatsApp business account only, while regular non-business/ individual profiles/accounts are not affected, an official statement said Wednesday.
"The Ministry of IT & Telecom (MOIT&T) would like to emphasize here to all such digital social media platforms including WhatsApp administration to adhere by privacy rights of citizens of Pakistan.
"In this regard, all such digital platforms need to strengthen their engagements with Government of Pakistan so that concerns of General Public and businesses can be well addressed by all means," it added.
Pakistan eyes to develop own messaging app with ... 06:09 PM | 12 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Ministry of Information Technology has decided to launch Pakistan’s own social networking ...
- No penalty for late income tax return filers, says FBR08:00 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Former Pakistani minister running for US Congress07:00 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan showcases 'Koh-i-Noor' at Natural History Museum06:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's coronavirus monitoring body chief reveals when Chinese ...05:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Kashmir Beats – Hira Mani wins hearts with her Sawaari09:19 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021