Pakistan reviewing Kalbushan Jadhav's mother visa application: FO
“Authorities are looking into the request of Indian spy Kulbushan Jadhav’s mother to grant her a visa so that she could visit her son in prison,” FO spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said during the weekly Foreign Office briefing.
Jadhav, a Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) operative, was arrested on March 3 last year during a counter-intelligence operation from the Mashkel area of Balochistan.
He was sentenced to death earlier this year for espionage and involvement in terror activities in the country.
"India’s belligerence poses a serious threat to regional stability," Zakaria said, while condemning frequent ceasefire violations by the Indian forces along the Line of Control (LoC).
“Indian forces committed 542 LoC violations in 2017 so far in which at least 18 civilians embraced martyrdom,” he added.
He urged the United Nations to address this issue and help resolve the long-standing Kashmir dispute. “Pakistan believes in resolution of all issues through dialogue.”
- Zimbabwe to visit Pakistan next month for T20, ODI matches06:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- 81 students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab06:17 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- GB Legislative Assembly elections to be held on November 1504:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Two Pakistani soldiers martyred in India firing at LoC03:52 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Tapsee Pannu defends Anurag Kashyap against sexual harassment ...03:43 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Mahira Khan looks flawless in latest pictures03:23 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Khalid Ahmad wins Best Actor Award at Harlem International Film Fest02:27 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- You’re not exactly Mother Teresa: Shaniera Akram takes a dig at ...01:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020