Pakistan's imports from China fell sharply in 11 months
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s imports of goods and services from China witnessed decrease of 11.30 percent during the eleven months of fiscal year 2019-20 as compared to the corresponding period of last year, State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) reported.
The overall imports from China were recorded at US $8255.034 million during July-May (2019-20) against the imports of $9307.173 million during July-May (2018-19), showing a decline of 11.30 percent, SBP data revealed.
The overall imports were also decreased by 18.72 percent, from $47.831 billion to $38.877 billion, according to the data.
On the other hand, the exports to China during the period under review were recorded at $1535.454 million against exports of $1701.506 million during same period of last year, showing decline of 9.75 percent.
Overall Pakistan’s exports to other countries witnessed decline of 6.77 percent in eleven months, from $22.457 billion to $20.936 billion, the SBP data revealed.
Based on the trade figures, the trade of goods and services with China witnessed decrease of 11.65 percent in deficit during first eleven months of fiscal year as compared to the corresponding period of last year.
The deficit during the period under review was recorded at $6719.580 million against $7605.667 million during same period of last year, showing negative growth of 11.65 percent, the data revealed.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020