KP MPA Ayesha Bano tests positive for coronavirus
PESHAWAR – Another provincial lawmaker of Khyber Pakhtnkhwa on Saturday contracted coronavirus as national tally topped 130,000.
Ayesha Bano, who is members of the KP Assembly and also leader of the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), took the test after she fell ill.
The lawmaker has quarantined herself at her home after the result came back positive.
She has urged people to follow the standard operating procedures (SOPs) in order to stem the spread of the virus.
Nearly 100 lawmakers, including federal and provincial, have so far tested coronavirus positive across Pakistan.
Earlier, KP Speaker Mushtaq Ghani has been tested positive for coronavirus infection and has isolated himself at his home.
In his tweet on social media, Ghani disclosed about his illness on Friday night.
His daughter and son-in-law have also been tested positive for coronavirus.
Ghani has requested people to pray for their health.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020