Lethal 'black fungus' among Covid-19 patients reported in Pakistan
KARACHI – Several hospitals across Pakistan have started to report cases of coronavirus patients being hit by a rare black fungus, infectious diseases specialists said Tuesday.
According to the report of The News, many centers with such cases were not reporting them as it is very hard to diagnose deadly fungal infection.
A physician of Sindh capital while speaking with the newspaper told that they have seen more than five cases of Black Fungus, Mucormycosis, among critically ill Covid patients at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
According to the health experts, the deadly fungus also found in non-covid patients with similar co-morbidities and prolonged stay in the critical units. Experts believe that the fungal infection primarily affects people with weak immune systems that reduce their ability to fight environmental pathogens.
24 Covid-19 patients 'escape' from quarantine in ... 01:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
PESHAWAR – As many as twenty-four Covid-19 patients were reported to have escaped from an isolation center in ...
Many experts believe that the use of steroids among Covid-19 patients, the Covid virus itself, and uncontrolled diabetes combined with a long stay in the ICUs provide ideal conditions for the black fungus to attack the person.
Before Pakistan, hundreds of patients in India also lost their lives with it as the fungus grows in a hot and humid climate.
Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle ... 03:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
Pakistani actress Sumbul Shahid has died of complications from COVID-19 infection, leaving the entertainment industry ...
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021