Pakistan kicks off second phase of Covid-19 vaccination for senior citizens
ISLAMABAD – Starting today, senior citizens, those above the age of 60, will be allowed to get immunized with the Covid-19 vaccine across Pakistan.
An official of the Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination, said that most senior citizens who have registered for vaccination will receive a message with instructions on their mobile phones and the oldest persons will be vaccinated first.
Pakistan had started the registration of people over the age of 60 for the immunization programme from February 15. The citizens asked to send a message at 1166 or enter their details at the national immunization management system (NIMS) website.
Once registered, the eligible citizens will be informed about the vaccine centre and the date of vaccination through a text message, the officials had said.
On the other hand, only 180,000, 2.25 per cent, of around eight million senior citizens in the country have registered themselves for inoculation so far.
NCOC Chief Asad Umar on Sunday announced that the vaccination of people aged 60 years and above will start from Wednesday. Vaccinations will be done in reverse order by age, he wrote in a tweet.
'Oldest to be the first' – Pakistan starts ... 03:45 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Covid-19 vaccination drive for people above 60 years old will begin from Wednesday, the National ...
Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health Dr Faisal Sultan shared a tweet on Monday stated that Pakistan Covid-19 vaccination, next phase — starting 10 March, inshallah. Beginning with the senior most citizens, who will receive SMS with instructions on their cell phones.
Pak Covid-19 vaccination, next phase - starting 10 March, inshallah. Beginning with the senior most citizens, who will receive SMS with instructions on their cell phones— Faisal Sultan (@fslsltn) March 9, 2021
Another complication occurred as the delivery of the AstraZeneca vaccine was delayed afterwards the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan allowed to vaccinate the elderly with Sinopharm’s vaccine as it is, for now, the only option available.
The country's death toll has surged to 13,324 while the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases stands at 595,239.
Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,786 new cases, 43 ... 08:45 AM | 10 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 43 people lost their lives due to the novel coronavirus infection while 1,786 fresh cases ...
- Pakistan logs 1,239 new Covid-19 cases, 56 deaths in past 24 hours10:00 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 13 June 202109:17 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents05:13 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021