Govt recovers Rs 530m stashed abroad
According to well-informed sources, the recovered amount of Rs 530 million has been deposited into the national kitty while efforts are underway to recover more in the near future.
The amount has been recovered after tracing offshore properties and bank accounts and a major chunk was retrieved from Singapore’s off-shore accounts, however, the details in this regard are not being made public.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Federal Board of Revenue and other relevant departments also aided ARU.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, in his first address in the National Assembly after assuming charge, had vowed to bring back the 'looted' money.
The government has also established a task force to bring back money illegally shifted abroad from Pakistan.
- Southern Command War Games: Pakistan Army chief visits Multan Garrison10:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Gold price drops by Rs550 per tola in Pakistan10:35 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- India hosts first Central Asia summit with focus on Afghanistan10:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021