Kishwar Naheed rejects certain slogans of Aurat March, receives backlash
Naheed's comments on the Aurat March that took place on International Women's day last week were presented at the Sindh Aurat Tanzeem celebration of Women's Day. Naheed was vocal about the way slogans were put up at the march. She believes that values should not be forgotten while advocating for rights. She printed out various slogans that she did not approve of, such as, "Khana main garam karoongi, tum bistar khud garam karlo", "Lo baith gayi sahi se" and "Main awara hoon".
Check out her point of view here.
Twitter is exploding with responses against Naheed's statement as various people feel disappointed in her point of view keeping in mind that she is a feminist in fact.
Well there are all kinds of people who go to an extreme .. for example misandrists...what I'm saying is kishwar naheed is wrong in saying that's what #auratMarch stands for— Xari Jalil (@xarijalil) March 13, 2019
Literally don't get why kishwar naheed won't want the same freedoms for ALL women.— Atiya (@bhumrobhumro) March 12, 2019
'Tehzeeb' is used as an uncontested category when culture is one of the most common weapons used to silence women. The irony is that her poem, 'Yeh Gunahgar Auretein,' uses the same tanz that one of the 'offensive' posters she mentions does with its play on 'awara' women. (2/5)— Nida Kirmani (@NidaKirmani) March 12, 2019
Kudos to @drfarzanabari for not clapping when she was saying that.— Tooba Syed (@Tooba_Sd) March 12, 2019
I hope kishwar ji realises that straight out rejecting these slogans instead of unpacking is not okay!
Kishwar Naheed writes Gunahgar auratain and other feminist poems— Jasir Shahbaz (@LahoreMarquez) March 13, 2019
Men: yeh kiya fahashi hai, yeh hamari values nahin
Kishwar Naheed criticizes some aspect of Aurat March
Men: yeh daikhain real feminism. Khalis like masculinity
O wow. I had recently started a book of hers, ironically 'buri aurat ki katha' don't feel like picking it it back up.— Marwah Maqbool Malik (@MarwahMaqbool) March 12, 2019
Yes, this was so disappointing.— Nida Kirmani (@NidaKirmani) March 12, 2019
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan, Oman naval chiefs discuss ways to boost defence ties08:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021