Sindh hospitals put on alert after heatwave hits Karachi
KARACHI - The Karachi Administrator has directed to put all the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) hospitals on alert after the heatwave forecast by the Met Office.
According to media details, all relevant officials and staffers including 1122 rescue services have been directed to make foolproof arrangements and stay alert round the clock in wake of the heatwave alert.
The citizens have been urged to drink water and ORS to be saved from dehydration and to avoid going out unnecessarily, wear caps and use an umbrella while going outside.
The diabetic and blood pressure patients have been asked to adopt special preventive measures.
Earlier, the Met Office forecasted a week-long heatwave in Karachi from Monday and said the weather would remain too hot and dry till Friday or Saturday.
The Met Office has forecasted that the temperature in the may mount between 40 to 42 degrees Celsius.
- Eid Miladun Nabi — PIA announces special discount on flights for ...08:47 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Top UK general acknowledges Pakistan Army's efforts for regional peace08:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran fears second Covid-19 wave in polluted cities07:44 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Top US economist appreciates Pakistan’s handling of coronavirus ...07:13 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Police raid ex-Sindh governor Zubair’s house for his arrest06:38 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Is '50 Crore' truly a desi version of 'Money Heist'?02:28 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Yolanda Hadid shares new photo of Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik's baby ...12:08 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Zaid Ali T gifts his wife a brand new car11:27 AM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PTA unblocks Tiktok in Pakistan03:16 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PCB announces squad for Zimbabwe series01:53 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Captain (retd) Safdar's arrest occurred under "extreme pressure", ...12:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif’s summons posted in local newspapers11:19 AM | 19 Oct, 2020