Crane collapse in China leaves 18 dead
An official in Dongguan City told the Xinhua state news agency that the crane had toppled onto a two storey building made of shipping containers.
Luo Bin said 139 construction workers had been inside the building at the time of the collapse, BBC reported.
Four of the injured were described as in serious but stable condition.
The fallen gantry is estimated to weigh 80 tonnes, according to a firefighter quoted by Xinhua. The city government has set up a team to investigate the accident.
- #PTI leader #HaleemAdilSheikh confirms marriage to party MPA ...11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- SBP puts limits on financing for imported vehicles10:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran receives security briefing during ISI Secretariat visit09:01 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021