Five of a family drown at Hawkesbay
City SSP, Adeel Hussain Chandio said that the five persons had drowned near Nasir restaurant.
Initially, two teenaged girls, Dua Fatima, 16, and Hamna Imran, 14, were swept to dangerous waters by strong waves, where they drowned.
Zakir Husain, 42, father of Dua Fatima, tried to rescue the girls, but drowned trying. Two other persons, namely Usama, 20, and Amin, 22, also drowned while trying to rescue the three.
Though SSP Chandio said that the bodies of all five have been retrieved, the additional police surgeon at Civil Hospital Karachi, Dr Qarar Ahmed Abbasi, said that till late Monday evening, the bodies of only Zakir Hussain and his daughter, Fatima, had been brought to the hospital for legal formalities.
The tragedy occurred despite a ban on swimming by the provincial government.
- Female Lawyer aerial firing clip goes viral on social media (VIDEO)09:28 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202008:30 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- 'Young Imran Khan' in old photo09:04 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020