PIA privatisation challenged in Supreme Court
Petitioner Barrister Zafar Ullah took the plea that the government has promulgated an ordinance for privatisation of the national flag carrier, while the assembly was going to meet two days after the promulgation of the ordinance.
“The promulgation of ordinance two days before holding of assembly session was an unconstitutional step,” the petitioner has argued.
The petitioner further said that no institution could be privatised without recommendations of the Privatization Commission.
Read more: No PIA employee to be fired, says Dar
Therefore, the court should nullify the ordinance for privatization of PIA, he prayed.
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 9 to 12 classes to start from tomorrow; primary schools to reopen ...01:43 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021