Punjab to launch Rescue Air Ambulance Service in province
The Punjab government has decided to launch a Rescue Air Ambulance Service in the province.
The decision was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar in Lahore on Sunday. Rescue DG Rizwan Naseer and others also attended the meeting.
Announcing the initiative, Usman Buzdar said that Punjab would be the first province in the region to launch the initiative and it would help in providing rescue services to far-flung areas of the province.
“This initiative is the need of the hour as human lives matter and getting timely treatment is the right of every citizen,” he said while claiming that the provincial authorities have made remarkable achievements in improving health infrastructure in the province.
He said that the services provided by Rescue 1122 were even acknowledged at the global forums.
Earlier, the Edhi Foundation had Piper Seneca aircraft for its operations, and its per hour cost ranged between Rs 70,000 and Rs 80,000.
- Aima Baig pens heartfelt note on her father's birthday12:11 AM | 7 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022