LHC allows Ayyan Ali to file pleas against her indictment
In an appeal plea, Ayyan said that a false and baseless case had been registered against her and the case could not be proved against her during the investigation.
Read more: Ayyan Ali gets her passport back from court
Despite an acquittal plea filed by her, it was rejected and she was indicted without charges proven against her. Therefore, Customs court decision should be set aside,” said Ayyan's counsel Latif Khosa, seeking permission for making amendment in the plea.
The court allowed to do so and the hearing was adjourned indefinitely.
Ayyan Ali was detained at the Islamabad airport on March 14 as she waited in a VIP lounge before her Dubai flight. Pakistani law bars any passenger from carrying over $10,000 and investigators say they found $506,800 tucked into her luggage.
She has maintained the money was solely hers since her arrest.
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Abid Riaz off to Dubai to attend AIBA meeting12:55 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022