LHC allows Ayyan Ali to file pleas against her indictment
In an appeal plea, Ayyan said that a false and baseless case had been registered against her and the case could not be proved against her during the investigation.
Read more: Ayyan Ali gets her passport back from court
Despite an acquittal plea filed by her, it was rejected and she was indicted without charges proven against her. Therefore, Customs court decision should be set aside,” said Ayyan's counsel Latif Khosa, seeking permission for making amendment in the plea.
The court allowed to do so and the hearing was adjourned indefinitely.
Ayyan Ali was detained at the Islamabad airport on March 14 as she waited in a VIP lounge before her Dubai flight. Pakistani law bars any passenger from carrying over $10,000 and investigators say they found $506,800 tucked into her luggage.
She has maintained the money was solely hers since her arrest.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021