Remittances on rise, increase by 9.36% in January: Hafeez Shaikh
ISLAMABAD - Advisor to Prime Minister on Finance and Revenue Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh said Friday that the remittances were on rise as these increased by 9.36 percent in January 2020 compared to the same month of last year.
In a tweet on Friday morning, the Advisor said that the remittances during the last seven months also increased by 4.1 percent when compared to the corresponding period of last year.
The remittance during July-January (2019-20) were recorded at $13.30 billion compared to the remittances of $12.74 billion during July-January (2018-19), showing growth of 4.1 percent, the advisor said.
“Remittances on the rise. Increase by 9.36 percent in January 20 compared to January 19. Rise to $13.30 billion in Jul-Jan 2020, a growth of 4.1% compared to $12.74 billion during same period last year,” the advisor tweeted.
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 34 deaths; Coronavirus cases reach 2,38609:09 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019