Turkish President Erdogan emerges as most popular Muslim leader
ISLAMABAD - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has become the topmost Muslim leader in the world, said a survey conducted by Gallup International in collaboration with Gallup Pakistan.
Erdogan, who is currently in Pakistan two-day long visit, scored 30 per cent popularity rating followed by Saudi King Salman at 25% and Iranian President at 21% in the survey.
Erdogan also emerged as the 5th most favored leader in the world.
The annual popularity index of Gallup International shows the following ratings: Merkel of Germany at 46% leads the world followed by Macron of France at 40%, Putin at 36%, Trump at 31% and Erdogan of Turkey at 30%. These emerge as the top 5 global leaders.
A total of 50261 persons were interviewed globally. In each country a representative sample of around 1000 men and women was interviewed during November-December either face to face, via telephone or online.
- PM Imran urges world to become voice of resilient Kashmiri women for ...10:46 AM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada to become clear Democratic frontrunner for ...10:09 AM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Afghan peace deal to be signed in Pakistan's presence, says FM Qureshi09:37 AM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan Mother Languages Literature fest concludes at PNCA09:19 AM | 24 Feb, 2020
- India's Shatrughan Sinha calls on Pakistan President Alvi in Lahore01:12 PM | 23 Feb, 2020
- FBR sends notices to 24 bridal dress designers for 'tax evasion'04:17 PM | 21 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan the ‘most affordable’ country to live in the world: ...04:10 PM | 21 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019