Aisam Ul-Haq, Marcin Matkowski wins ASB classic doubles title
According to local media reports, the duo came from behind to win the ASB Classic title in the second-set tiebreak.
Matkowski and Qureshi triumphed 1-6, 6-2 (10-3) over Jonathan Erlich and Scott Lipsky, blowing their opponents away with the match on the line.
"We came out a bit flat but they were returning unbelievably, and we hung in their second set, changed the flow of the match a little bit," Matkowski said.
"The tiebreak was one of the best I've ever played, everything went our way."
The 35-year-old Matkowski and 36-year-old Qureshi broke to go 3-2 up before winning the next three games and forcing the match into a tiebreak.
Pairing for the first time in Auckland, the two veterans both hoped they could reunite later in the ATP doubles campaign.
But they may also meet up in Melbourne next week for a celebratory meal.
"Every time I ask Marcin, he always has other partners," Qureshi said.
"I'm very happy this time around he chose me, it's been a great week."
- Three PTI ministers to probe Broadsheet scandal11:19 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- KP, Sindh governors call on PM Imran10:20 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Why is ‘Imran Khan’ riding a rickshaw in Sialkot? (VIDEO)09:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Smart lockdown in several areas of Gujranwala, Lahore including DHA, ...09:03 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021