"Yeh bikk gaye hai gormint," Meme goes mainstream after endorsement by Hamza Ali Abbasi
Earlier last year, a video had surfaced of a lady who during an interview to a TV reporter took on the politicians and said "yeh bik gayi hai gormint" (the Government has been sold) while directing abusive words for the politicians.
"Yeh saray mil ke humko pagal bana rahay hain %#$*%@$#*," she added.
The video went viral and the memes war began. The phrase didn't remain limited to random social media users but also obtained endorsement from the actor Hamza Ali Abbasi.
Here is how the lady's catch-line phrase got viral:
Mai bata raha hoon tum logon ko, ye bik gayi hai gormint.— - (@umersamii) May 26, 2016
Talkshows mein beth k baaten banatay hain aur awaam ko pagal banatay hain. Ye bik gai hai gormint.— fizz (@snowindark) June 12, 2016
Hey spelled backwards is yeh and yeh bik gayi hai gormint.— bewaqoof (@RabyaAhmed) February 4, 2016
An online shopping outlet is even offering a shirt that bears the phrase.
- Shahbaz Gill sexually abused in police custody, says Imran Khan06:54 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022