"Yeh bikk gaye hai gormint," Meme goes mainstream after endorsement by Hamza Ali Abbasi
Earlier last year, a video had surfaced of a lady who during an interview to a TV reporter took on the politicians and said "yeh bik gayi hai gormint" (the Government has been sold) while directing abusive words for the politicians.
"Yeh saray mil ke humko pagal bana rahay hain %#$*%@$#*," she added.
The video went viral and the memes war began. The phrase didn't remain limited to random social media users but also obtained endorsement from the actor Hamza Ali Abbasi.
Here is how the lady's catch-line phrase got viral:
Mai bata raha hoon tum logon ko, ye bik gayi hai gormint.— . (@ArayUmer) May 26, 2016
Talkshows mein beth k baaten banatay hain aur awaam ko pagal banatay hain. Ye bik gai hai gormint.— j. (@snowindark) June 12, 2016
Hey spelled backwards is yeh and yeh bik gayi hai gormint.— Thrifty (@RabyaAhmed) February 4, 2016
An online shopping outlet is even offering a shirt that bears the phrase.
- Paani Key Pankh – PM Imran launches documentary drama in Islamabad ...08:05 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Money laundering – UK court orders extradition of Abraaj founder ...07:49 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Reducing unfair means in recruitment: Case of Police in Pakistan07:20 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Three TTP militants arrested in Karachi operation06:37 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021