SECP, FBR deny JIT's allegations of record tampering
Particularly referencing the JIT's assertion that the investigation into the Chaudhry Sugar Mills was closed in 2016, the SECP labels the accusations as "absolutely incorrect and unfounded."
Further laying the blame on the investigating team, the SECP's written response read: "The JIT has committed errors in comprehending the factual issues and misread the record..."
In another shocking twist to the whole Panamagate investigation, the SECP turned the tables on the JIT by alleging that the witnesses might have misattributed statements in front of the investigating body under duress. "Apparently any statement attributed to the officers may be [the] result of coercion and stress which cannot be taken into consideration in views of facts and records," read the response.
Specifically mentioning the charge that the FBR refrained from submitting the requested documents in their entirety, the revenue collecting authority's reply states: "Record was submitted to the JIT in piecemeal because the record was requisitioned by [the] JIT on a piecemeal basis."
- Microsoft for Startups MEA’s GrowthX Accelerator cohort 2 reaches ...12:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- 'Azadi March': Clashes erupt between police, PTI protesters in Lahore ...11:46 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Another US school shooting leaves 19 children dead11:22 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Islamabad police issue traffic plan ahead of PTI’s long march10:48 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Azadi March – Road blockades disrupt fuel supplies in parts of ...10:28 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Sajal's healing words for Ahad's ailing aunt win her praise11:15 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022