SECP, FBR deny JIT's allegations of record tampering
Particularly referencing the JIT's assertion that the investigation into the Chaudhry Sugar Mills was closed in 2016, the SECP labels the accusations as "absolutely incorrect and unfounded."
Further laying the blame on the investigating team, the SECP's written response read: "The JIT has committed errors in comprehending the factual issues and misread the record..."
In another shocking twist to the whole Panamagate investigation, the SECP turned the tables on the JIT by alleging that the witnesses might have misattributed statements in front of the investigating body under duress. "Apparently any statement attributed to the officers may be [the] result of coercion and stress which cannot be taken into consideration in views of facts and records," read the response.
Specifically mentioning the charge that the FBR refrained from submitting the requested documents in their entirety, the revenue collecting authority's reply states: "Record was submitted to the JIT in piecemeal because the record was requisitioned by [the] JIT on a piecemeal basis."
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Aqeel and Sarah win Shehryar Malik Memorial Tennis titles06:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021