Is Saudi Arabia going to open its first 'halal' night club?
In a statement posted on its official Twitter account, the GEA announced the opening of an immediate investigation into videos circulating online that were purportedly showing the interior of the venue.
"According to information provided to the GEA, the event (Project X) is in violation of the legal procedures and regulations in force, and has not been authorised by the body," the statement said.
The GEA had "originally issued a licence for another event", it added. "Its contractor then took advantage of an extension of that licence to commit these serious and unacceptable violations."
Earlier, a number of regional media outlets had reported that the first "halal nightclub" was set to open on Thursday on the waterfront of Jeddah.
The CEO of the venue told news website Arabian Business that the club was a high-end cafe and lounge.
"The Saudi market will be great, because the local community goes out a lot. You have people in the country who go out a lot," Tony Habre was quoted as saying.
- NADRA DG sacked from post05:30 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- OPPO – Zoom into imagination now with a better price at the right ...05:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020