Irfan Mehsood sets 51st Guinness World Record
Pakistan’s known martial artist Irfan Mehsood has achieved another milestone after his 51st Guinness World Record was approved for the most jumping jacks in one minute carrying a 40lb pack.
Talking to media, Irfan said he attempted the record in Dera Ismail Khan in December last year. The said record was previously held by Egypt’s Mahmoud Mohamed Ayoub who had done 89 jumping jacks in one minute.
“I broke his record by doing 94 jumping jacks in one minute. I have been practicing wushu since 2005. I was inspired by seeing videos of record holders and reading several editions of the Guinness World Records book and worked towards record titles of my own,” he said.
He said he trains for four to five hours daily for every record he attempts until he feels he can break the one he’s aiming for.
“My aim through breaking records is to promote my region of Waziristan while also advocating a healthy lifestyle and staying active. I hope to achieve a total of fifty record titles,” he said.
Irfan Mehsud was the only player in the world to have set 23 world records in the push-ups category and has so far broken 13 Guinness World Records of India. He holds a total of 51 Guinness World Records.
Pakistan's Irfan Mehsood registers his 43rd ... 04:40 PM | 30 Jun, 2021
Pakistani martial artist Irfan Mehsood has registered his 43rd Guinness World Record as he achieved the latest record ...
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022