Aleem Dar becomes first umpire to officiate 400 international matches
LAHORE – Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar has set new record of officiating 400 international matches.
The 52-year-old achieved the feat on Saturday in the T20I match between Afghanistan and Zimbabwe at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The Pakistan Cricket Board congratulated Dar on setting the new world record.
“Congratulations to umpire Aleem Dar, who is standing in his 400th men's international game today Party popper. What an achievement!” tweeted ICC congratulating the Pakistani umpire.
It has been more than 20 years since Aleem Dar made his debut as an international umpire in an ODI between Pakistan and Sri Lanka – after playing 17 first-class and 18 List-A matches as a leg-spinner in the 1980s and 90s. He is the first umpire from Pakistan in the Elite Panel of ICC Umpires.
PCB announces youngest Pakistani hat-trick heroes 10:31 PM | 19 Mar, 2021
LAHORE - Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has shared the names of three national bowlers, who added feathers to their caps ...
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Social media influencers Azlan and Warisha share Mehendi ceremony ...12:32 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Election Commission starts proceeding to remove Imran Khan as PTI ...11:48 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Alizeh Shah's 'summer pictures' raise temperature in winter07:59 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022