40,000 tonnes of Ukrainian wheat arrives in Punjab
LAHORE – The administration in Punjab capital city on Tuesday received 40,000 metric tonness of wheat imported from Ukraine as the South Asian country faces a flour crisis.
The Ukrainian wheat costs nearly Rs1,970 per 40kg.
According to the Flour Mills Association, the wheat is slightly red in colour and 40 percent of local wheat would be added to improve its quality.
Last month, one MV Coventry vessel, carrying 69,000 metric tonnes of wheat, docked at Karachi port. It was the third shipment from Ukraine.
Previously, a vessel carrying 65,000 metric tonnes of wheat had reached Karachi port.
Pakistan has so far imported nearly 200,000 metric tonnes of wheat from the eastern European country.
- Bilawal woos back ‘demoralised’ and ‘shocked’ top Sindh ...11:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Asia's largest multipurpose "ro-ro" ship launched in China10:57 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Top military brass vows to defend geographical, ideological frontiers ...09:06 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Jeff Bridges diagnosed with cancer03:06 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Mahira Khan shares a heartfelt tribute for mom's birthday02:14 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Hailey Baldwin got a new ring finger tattoo for Justin Bieber12:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- FIR lodged against PDM‘s Gujranwala organisers10:26 AM | 20 Oct, 2020