Kangana Ranaut criticises ad about interfaith marriage for supporting ‘Love Jihad’
One of India’s biggest jewellery brand has received immense backlash after posting an advert online that features an interfaith marriage.
Hindu extremist groups believe that the ad, showing Muslim family preparing a traditional South-Indian style baby shower for their pregnant Hindu daughter-in-law, supports Hindu-Muslim unity.
The jewellery label had to withdraw the commercial as they were being accused of promoting “love-jihad”, a pejorative used to refer to marriages between Muslim men and Hindu women in India.
Amongst many others, Bollywood actor Kangana Ranuat has also called out the jewellery chain for nurturing the concept of “love-jihad.”
As Hindus we need to be absolutely conscious of what these creative terrorists are injecting in to our subconscious, we must scrutinise, debate and evaluate what is the outcome of any perception that is fed to us, this is the only way to save our civilisation #tanishq— Kangana Ranaut (@KanganaTeam) October 13, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PM Imran directs to introduce technology in FBR to ensure ...08:31 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Army Chief reiterates to enhance combat readiness to withstand ...11:49 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- No plan to impose governor rule in Sindh, says Imran Ismail10:50 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- ‘Samsung AI Forum 2020’ explores future of Artificial ...10:04 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- 'Parwaz Hai Junoon' to commercially release in China in November01:36 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Maya Ali and Emmad Irfani to star in Shoaib Mansoor's upcoming film12:37 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's ‘Bench’ screened at Cannes International ...12:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran and CM Buzdar irked over CCPO leaked call controversy02:51 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Twitter showed Jammu and Kashmir as part of China01:47 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- No, there is no 'Civil War' in Karachi; Indian fake news on Pakistan ...01:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020