Pakistan-IMF agreement not to impact public, says Asad Umar
Briefing the National Assembly's Standing Committee on Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs, the finance minister said the IMF finalised a bailout package for Pakistan during recent talks between the two sides.
Umar said the IMF package would ease off pressure from the country's foreign reserves and would improve the capital market as well.
The minister told the committee that an IMF mission will visit Islamabad during the last week of April, which is when the bailout package amount will be finalised.
Talking to newsmen, Umar assured that the IMF bailout would not impact the public saying, the government has no plans to raise electricity prices.
The minister said he met with Financial Action Task Force (FATF) President Marshall Billingslea during the US visit, who assured him that any decision would be taken on technical grounds.
Pakistan will send a draft detailing its implementation on FATF's recommendations by today, he said and added that a delegation of FATF will visit Pakistan in the third week of May to review the efforts put in by Pakistan.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Revenue Hamad Azhar tweeted on Monday that an agreement in principle had been reached on all issues with IMF.
An agreement in principle has been reached on all outstanding issues with IMF during the Finance Minister's recent successful visit to the US. Technical details and formalities will now be finalised during the IMF's staff level visit to Pakistan later this month.— Hammad Azhar (@Hammad_Azhar) April 15, 2019
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) said on Monday that it held "constructive discussions" with Pakistani authorities during last week's meetings in Washington.
According to an announcement made by the Office of the Resident Representative of the IMF its mission will be visiting Pakistan "before the end of April to continue the discussions" on a bailout package.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 02 October 202208:48 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates Chinese leadership on National Day10:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistani UN peacekeeper martyred in Central Africa09:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022