Ashraf Ghani leaves Afghanistan, reports Afghan media
KABUL – Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has now left the country, according to reports in Afghan media.
TOLO News cited its source as confirming that the 72-year-old left the country on Sunday.
Breaking - Sources said President Ghani has left the country. pic.twitter.com/4bOgsSlzRR— TOLOnews (@TOLOnews) August 15, 2021
It comes amid reports of Ghani's possible resignation after negotiations with the Taliban who had entered the capital Kabul on Sunday, announcing clemency for everyone.
In his statement, representative of the Taliban Zabiullah Mujahid had stated that the Taliban won’t seize the capital “by force”.
Later, a Taliban’s delegation led by Abdul Ghani Baradar called on President Ghani to surrender in order to avoid bloodshed.
Reports are that Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar will become the new president of Afghanistan under the Taliban’s regime.
This is a developing story. More to follow
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Celebs lambast PIA over cabin crew's attire10:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022