Chinese scientists develop new moisture-wicking fabric
Moisture-wicking fabric can pull moisture away from the skin to the exterior of the clothing. It dries quickly and provides a comfortable environment for the human body in hot or humid environments. There is a growing market demand for this material.
Scientists from Shanghai-based Donghua University developed an assembly strategy to create a biomimetic nanofibrous membrane with ultrafast evaporation and quick-dry performance.
It exhibits an outstanding water evaporation rate, 2.1 times that of Coolmax fabric, a popular moisture-wicking fabric currently on the market.
The research serves as a source of inspiration for the development of high-performance moisture-wicking fabric.
Besides sportswear, the research has applications in optimizing functional textiles such as wound dressing materials and diapers, according to the research team.
The research was published in the journal ACS Nano.
- SC’s Justice Isa allowed to argue his case himself12:07 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- China to gift additional 0.5 million doses of coronavirus vaccine to ...11:43 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- What a delivery! Woman orders iPhone 12 Pro Max but receives Apple ...11:32 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan aims at vaccinating 70 million people against COVID-19 in ...11:31 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- First round matches decided in Hush Puppies Junior National Tennis11:19 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 'Darlings’ – Alia Bhatt collaborates with Shahrukh Khan for first ...07:06 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Mere Paas Tum Ho actor Rehmat Ajmal looks stunning on her Mayoun03:15 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Justin Bieber celebrates 27th birthday03:25 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021