Pakistan observes Jumu'atul-Wida today
Millions of fasting people across the country will offer Friday prayers at mosques and prayer grounds across the country.
Special prayers will be offered for the progress and prosperity of Pakistan, unity of Muslims the world over and their emancipation.
In Islam, Friday is the most remarkable day for worship and other noble deeds. It is like Eid of the week for all Muslims because there is much similarity between Eid and Friday. On both days Muslims offer two Rakats prayer and listen to Khutbah (sermon) of Imams.
Allah, the Almighty says: “Oh you who believe, when the call is given to the prayer of the day of Jummah then hasten towards the remembrance of Allah and leave all buying and selling (all worldly business) .” (Surah Al-Jumu'ah, 62:9)
The Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said: “Among the best of your days is Friday. On that day, your blessings are presented to me directly.”
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020