Multan man slapped with fine for keeping lions at house
MULTAN – The Multan Wildlife Department on Monday has recovered four lions from a man and imposed a fine of Rs 500,000 for illegally keeping the wild animal at home as pets.
Deputy Director Wildlife Multan region, Muhammad Hussain Gishkori, said the department conducted the raid after receiving a credible tip-off.
Earlier, the department had issued a notice to the owner named Danish who later challenged it in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
However, the high court's Multan Bench rejected his petition on Mar 11. Later, the department imposed the fine on the violator as per the government schedule.
Moreover, the violator would also pay Rs.60,000 fine for breeding without license and another Rs.25,000 fine for the recovery of lions from his premises.
Wildlife Dept in action after couple’s ... 12:35 PM | 11 Mar, 2021
LAHORE – The Punjab Wildlife Department has started a search of the couple who used an allegedly ...
- Mobilink Microfinance Bank launches School Loan to financially ...06:29 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:28 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed leads third round of talks with ...05:46 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021